Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April 2014

April 2014
(this includes a zillion pictures, which may be a problem. please let me know if it doesn't work on your computer for some reason)
Early in the month we visited with some friends, the Zales.  A is the same age as Kate, L is the same age as Anna.

They were sitting around discussing how they were going to whack Nathan with the hockey stick and tie him up with the jump rope so that they could "rescue" their suction cup arrows.  No joke!  When we left I asked Nathan if he had enjoyed his time.  "Yes!  the best part was when the girls were chasing me.  ... Because then I could defend myself."  <a good time was had by all ;-) >



Sorry, I just can't seem to stop taking pictures of him :)

Showing off the crowns they'd all made.

Making unleavened bread for our Passover dinner.  Last year we had a Passover dinner when we read through Exodus, in January, and this year the kids were very disappointed that I didn't have a random hunk of lamb in the freezer in January, so I promised them I'd have it by the "proper" time of year when the Israelites had done it.


Nathan, as the oldest, with his staff in hand and feet well shod, holding the bitter herbs he used to put the 'blood' on the door. 

"and if the household be too little for the lamb ..."  Heather, Tim, and the upstairs crowd joined us.

One plate saved for Jeff, who was working late.  Matzah, roasted potatoes, rice, oregano, and lamb.  And sparkling juice in celebration of the victory our Passover Lamb accomplished for us!


You can see an adult tooth (front left) behind her baby tooth (which fell out that night, I think)

Daniel added versions of "Daddy" and "Mommy" to his vocabulary sometime in April.


Nathan helping Daniel up the slide

Ah, this leaves my hands free to help myself climb...

Ready...

set...

Go!





Daniel absolutely loves to draw!

I am shocked by how he perfectly holds the pencil ... I certainly can't teach it at this age!


Nathan had his first orthodontist consultation.
I don't expect treatment will start for at least 6 months.

Hooray for big brothers!

And big sisters, too :)

Toward the end of the month all the kids took turns getting sick.  Anna was first -- and worst --, with a fever that lasted the better part of four days.

Daniel tripped and fell against a big stuccoed post, scraping up his chin...

and slicing the inside of his lip.  Ugh!  Poor kid couldn't eat for a day ... and that's saying a lot, for him!

Nathan also fell off his bike and sliced the corner of his lip open, but I didn't get a picture of that.  I'm sure that disappoints you all greatly ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures! Especially the one Nathan helping Daniel up the slide. LOL. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete