| 21 weeks |
I am currently 35 and a half-ish weeks pregnant. I'm feeling fine, just ... very pregnant!
I didn't have braxton hicks in the second trimester, which worried (maybe irked is a better word -- I have this unfounded notion that maybe lots of braxton hicks are what helped me have such easy deliveries) me somewhat, since with the other pregnancies they started quite early, about 4 months along. But they started around 6 or 7 months, and are now a regular part of my day. Particularly if I'm taking a walk (rare occurrence, I'm afraid), when they're almost constant. When they first came I thought they were more intense than in other pregnancies, but that could've been my imagination. Now they're reasonably ignorable.
This baby is more active than any of the others ... possibly. My memory is generally horrible about such things :-P He isn't constantly active, just strongly active when he is.
I've nicknamed him Quartus.
| 30 weeks |
I'm not entirely sick of my maternity clothes yet, since my wardrobe fully doubled when Matthew was born and I got all of Susan's clothes. New clothes are always fun!
About a month ago I met several random people convinced that I looked ready to pop in 2 weeks, not 2 months as I tried to tell them. It was quite amusing. Heather E. is still convinced that I won't make it more than another 2 weeks. She's quite sure I'm bigger with this pregnancy than with the others, but again, my memory about such things is so horrible, I don't know whether she's right or not. I've decided to visit the Dr. one more time before Quartus comes, so maybe she'll have some more accurate insight on the matter (this Friday, DV).
I'm having heartburn this pregnancy, for the first time. The only time it was really bad, though, was the night I had a large serving (or maybe two ... or three?!) of alfredo, then finished it off with fully half a pan of monkey bread. Ooh, that was a good meal!!! I spent half the night sleeping sitting up on the couch, though ...
| today |
I've gained 30 pounds so far. One person told me that I've put on more non-baby weight during this pregnancy (which they intended as a compliment), so maybe all that monkey bread is catching up to me :)
My ribs get sore when I slouch, which I don't remember happening much in the other pregnancies, but as always I'm carrying him low, so he can't actually touch my ribs at all.
So that's what I'm up to (or should it be 'out to'?). What did I forget to mention?
You are looking great Heidi! I was thinking that you actually were gaining less non-baby weight this time than with Anna. However, I don't think there really is any non-baby weight.... I think it's all called baby weight! Can't wait to meet the little guy, I'm so excited! I want to smell his hair... maybe he'll have a lot more than your others since you have more heartburn... who knows!
ReplyDeleteThat 'today' picture actually looks like you shoved a bowling ball in your shirt. That's pretty fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI just love looking like that, honestly, it's so much fun!
Delete