November was an exciting month for me personally, as I knew I was expecting again the whole time. But I was tired most of the time, tried to schedule a nap for myself everyday, and because of that did almost no schoolwork with Nathan. We had been trying (with reasonable success) to spend half an hour a day on 'schoolwork' (very loose term here that maybe I'll talk about in another post) after the girls went down for their naps, before his nap. I was quite glad for the times where I could hear Jeff and Nathan having deep math discussions (this happened a few times, not just the coffee bean occasion).
We spent one weekend with Thad and Coralee, which we very much enjoyed as we miss seeing them as much these days.
One memorable quote from Nathan ...
For some reason I mentioned the 'core of the earth' then asked him if he knew what that was.
"Yes" he promptly replied.
"How did you learn about it?"
"From the skol." Seeing the puzzled look on my face he decided to try again. "Skroll ... scrorl ... sorrel ... scur ... "
"Can you describe it?" I asked. "Was it a book, a toy, a machine, a ..."
"No, no, it was an animal. Like that runs on the fence."
"Oh, a squirrel!"
And for those of you who are still wondering in puzzlement how a squirrel could teach Nathan about the core of the earth, you haven't watched
this perfectly unprofitable Ice Age movie trailer ;-)
 |
| Our monkey |
 |
| We went out to the Watershed for a hike one day, and I did a little photo shoot with Nathan. Fun! |

 |
| And a few of all three of them ... |
 |
| I was changing the sheets, and they all curled up for a snuggle. |
 |
| We went to visit Uncle Thad and Aunt Corale, and Anna decided to see if she could fit into Oliver's exersaucer. She managed to get herself in (but not out). Nathan and Kate figured it looked like so much fun, they should join! |
 |
| Yay for Daddy reading books! So much fun! |

Counting beans! They covered addition, subtraction, multiplication, and a bit of pre-algebra while they were at it. Brought back good memories of my daddy doing a similar thing when I was little :) Nathan enjoyed eating some when they were done. (Yes, they were coffee beans. Yes, this was after supper, yes, Nathan ate at least five, no, it did not keep him awake, he was the first kid asleep that night. For those that were worried.)
|
American Thanksgiving dinner at our house! Just the 'commune' with Dad and Mom, and late since it obviously wasn't a day off, but a good excuse to get together and fancy up the house a little!
After dinner we did the traditional "I'm thankful for ..." around the table.
"I'm thankful for water" says Kate.
"I'm thankful for the baby in my belly," I announced.
"Really, I just announced 'cuz I'm tired of sucking it all in!" ;-) I was 9 weeks along.
(Ahem! it was a very yummy meal that I obviously pigged out on, as necessary for Thanksgiving, right?!? ... )
The kids, being normal
Nathan had just a bit of help from Jeff getting up. |
No comments:
Post a Comment